STEAM Community Studio partners with St Thomas Fire Department to Save Lives
When was the last time you called your friends or family to ask if their smoke detector was installed or maintained? In the past year there has been a 38% increase in fire fatalities among seniors - the highest since 1998. A smoke detector and a carbon monoxide detector is required by law on every floor of your home and to be in working order. Seniors are among the most vulnerable and caregivers are often overwhelmed to check details like this.
Our STEAM Community Studio program has partnered students with the St. Thomas Fire Department to raise awareness and save lives. The students came up with several designs for a multilingual campaign and the public voted.
Downloadable pdf’s in multiple languages are below to share within your community and with family and friends. Make the call, save a life. The fire department can provide smoke detectors and maintenance for those in need. Reach out to them today to learn more about these valuable resources.