STEAM Donor Spotlight
Celebrating Those Who Give Back
Duane Orth, Senior Manager of Enterprise Transformation at Entegrus Services presents the STEAM Education Centre with a $5000 donation on behalf of Entegrus Inc. and Corix
This month we reached out to Jim Hogan, CEO of Entegrus Inc. to find out why Entegrus Inc. and Corix chose to support the STEAM Education Centre and our programs and how you can too! Thanks to their generosity a $5000 donation will help us to focus on education and skill development programs for youth in our community.
1) Your company, along with Corix, recently reached out and made a $5000 donation to the STEAM Education Centre. What motivated you to select our organization?
Our donation to the STEAM Education Centre was made in partnership with one of our shareholder's, Corix, after it was determined this contribution would focus on youth learning and critical thinking.
2) Prior to this donation what did you know about the STEAM Centre? Eg. Did you have any other connections with their programming? Entegrus merged with St. Thomas Energy in 2018. We were then introduced to this innovative & valuable community asset. In 2019, Entegrus was one of the STEAM Centre’s partners for their e-waste recycling day, with plans to participate again in 2020 until the event was postponed due to the pandemic. We look forward to picking back up where we left off and exploring new opportunities.
3) Why does Entegrus feel it is important to give back to the communities they work in?
If our communities thrive, we thrive, and it is important to our employees that we demonstrate community leadership. It is ingrained in our culture to give back, often supporting the most vulnerable in our community.
4) What is the impact that you hope to create through this donation
We hope this donation will assist in providing more opportunities for youth in the area to participate in STEAM activities, whether in person or virtually, that it will keep students connected and engaged.
5) What does the idea of STEAM Education mean to you?
Not only is the STEAM education program particularly important to the work Entegrus performs, we believe that STEAM Education helps students develop a plethora of well-rounded skills that inspire creativity while teaching invaluable skills that they will apply in school and beyond.
6) There are so many charities. Why should people in the community consider the STEAM Education Centre to give back to, as you have done?
STEAM Education doesn’t just benefit students who enter industries such as ours, it benefits every student by teaching valuable life skills that will teach them important problem solving, and resiliency: traits that are invaluable and sets students out on the right foot, no matter the career choice. An investment in our students is an investment in the future.
The mission of STEAM Centre is to educate and empower learners to imagine and create the future through play, ingenuity, and innovation using science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM). STEAM Education Centres Incorporated is a registered charity. Join generous donors like Entegrus Inc and Corix in supporting our amazing education and community programs. Email email@example.com or click www.steameducation.ca/donate.html#/ to make a one time or monthly contribution.
Leave a Reply.